POSITION DESCRIPTION: CREATIVE PRODUCER
Company of Rogues is an emerging independent theatre company based in Sydney and we are looking for a new partner in crime! You will work in close partnership with the Artistic Director to program, manage and develop all aspects of the company. This is a part-time, (currently) an unpaid role with a profit share offered on productions.
WHO ARE YOU?
This role will suit a creative and entrepreneurial emerging producer/arts manager who wants to have ownership of an exciting new company. You will be a focused individual who takes initiative and finds creative solutions to get things done. You may be a recent graduate or looking for a new career experience. You may have a background in or qualifications in Theatre/Performance, Arts Administration, Event Management or Business. You may also have a creative practice such as lighting, set, or sound design you wish to contribute to the company.
Most importantly you DREAM BIG and are PASSIONATE about theatre.
This is a broad role that will be tailored to fit the right person, who has the desire to establish a real career in the arts.
Tasks may include, but are not exclusive to:
- Fundraising and sponsorship development
- Grant and funding application writing
- Production Management (schedules, equipment and venue sourcing and logistics)
- Staffing and Talent recruitment and supervision
- Front of house management
- Budget preparation and financial management
- Marketing and PR
NOTE: You will not be required to perform all of these tasks; they will be shared with the Artistic Director.
Please address the ESSENTIAL criteria and any relevant DESIRABLE Criteria
- Experience and/or qualifications in Theatre/Live Production or Event Management or Arts Management or business management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including document preparation and copy writing
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Fast Learner and confident undertaking new tasks
- Stakeholder relationship development and management
- Marketing and PR for events
- Stage/Production Management experience
- Budget management
- Grant writing and fundraising
- Staff supervision
To apply please email your CV and cover letter addressing the ESSENTIAL criteria and any relevant DESIRABLE Criteria to Goldele Rayment Goldele@gmail.com.
For further information please contact Goldele Rayment on 0448 340 034 or email@example.com. Applications close 5 pm 4th February.